Battle Hall, University of Texas at Austin


When Cass Gilbert first visited the University of Texas campus at the request of the university's regents in 1909, he found a motley collection of eight buildings of widely disparate styles and materials which the university had collected over its first quarter-century of existence. Although attempts had been made when new buildings were added in 1903 and 1909 to create a "general plan" for the…

Read More